Software Defined Storage (SDS)
What Is Software-Defined Storage (SDS)?
At the Amaral Group, we offer Software-Define Storage to help our customers work independently of hardware and scale their businesses on demand. With software-defined storage, we help your business develop a method of provisioning and managing storage independent of storage hardware.
SDS for Customers
Software-defined storage is excellent for customers who frequently experience high data growth and are looking to solve the challenges of scaling the size of their business. This is also a great choice for businesses considering Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
Products We Offer
- GlusterFS/Container-Native Storge
Software-Defined Storage Features
- SDS can cluster commodity hardware to provide highly performant and tune-able SAN infrastructure.
- SDS allows for scale-out architecture, allowing your business’s information technology to grow, offering many benefits over proprietary scale-up vendor solutions.
- CPU, Memory, and capacity can be independently scaled to meet application demand, again without vendor lock in, to maximize cost, capacity, and performance.
- These clusters can be tuned to maximize $/TB, BTU/Watt, IOPS/Sec, etc., as well as the ability to scale to Petabyte/Exabyte and beyond capacity.
- With software defined storage, no central metadata server is necessary, meaning no single points of failure.
- This software works in tight integration with IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Such storage clusters can offer Object, File, and Block storage independently to a wide range of application and infrastructure workloads, meaning pools of storage highly optimized for different purposes can be provisioned at will and scale with and on demand.
Ready to scale your business? Get in touch with us to learn more today.